Congratulations to Sebastian's Action Trust from Basingstoke
Sebastian's Action Trust have won £2,000 worth of Gardening & Landscaping Materials from Kebur Garden Materials! This will be spent on creating a woodland garden with wheelchair access for seriously-ill children to enjoy.
Georgina, who applied for Sebastian's Action Trust, had this to say about their incredible project:
"Sebastian's Action Trust supports families of seriously-ill and life-limited children, from diagnosis, through treatment and beyond.
"The flagship of our service provision is The Bluebells, which is the UK's only respite holiday home designed exclusively for families of seriously-ill children. It contains everything the family may need for a holiday; a sensory room, hydrotherapy pool, cinema room, arts and crafts rooms and a well-being suite for tired parents and carers. All had been designed to accommodate children with even the most complex of physical disabilities so all of our families are able to access our unique facilities…
"We are currently looking for funding to help make our garden fully wheelchair accessible… Making the garden fully accessible to all our families will ensure that all our children feel welcome and the House; and they know it is a place they can always come to for advice and support."
Georgina recently got back in touch with us:
"I just thought I should update you with the path which was so generously paid for by the Kebur Garden Challenge.
"This has now been fully completed and is a great addition to The Bluebells garden. I have attached some photos so that you can see the difference it has made.
"It is now much more suitable for our children with physical disabilities, and means they are now fully able to access all areas of the gardens.
"Thank you once again for all your support of Sebastian’s Action Trust, we could not continue to do our work without the generosity of foundations such as the Kebur Garden Challenge."
Previous winners include:
- 2009 Hawley Scout Group; fenced off area to make camping safe, built rockery for climbing
- 2010 Ticehurst Nursing Home (Aldershot); improved garden and paths
- 2011 Change of Scene (Rowledge); laid pavement to prevent children having to walk through mud
- 2012 Cove School; gardening and eco club built vegetable patches/raised beds
- 2013 St Michael's Project Group (Camberley); community gardens
- 2014 Weybourne Infant School; outdoor learning area
- 2015 York Road Project; to develop a community garden
- 2016 Sebastian's Action Trust (Basingstoke) - creating a woodland garden with wheelchair access
Terms & Conditions
In addition to Eagle Radio's T&C's:
- The deadline for the Kebur Community Challenge is Wednesday 20th April 2016 at midday
- Kebur Garden Materials will provide the prize and the winner will need volunteers to do the project