Global Marketing Manager - Farnborough, Hampshire
Our client, based in Farnborough, is looking for an experienced Global Marketing Manager.
REPORTING TO: Director of Marketing
Responsible for all aspects of global consumer and trade marketing for all the manual appliances brands.
1. Be the custodian of the brands; maintain existing and develop any new brand guidelines; ensure that all brand communication material in all markets is produced and implemented in line with the brand guidelines to ensure a consistent international message.
2. Drive creative and effective marketing led sales initiatives. Insofar as possible ensure that these can be tailored to the differing sales groups (UK, USA, International, CHAT).
3. Seek and share external and internal examples of best practice within businesses in order to “raise the bar” for internal activities.
4. Develop merchandising solutions for key brands as appropriate; develop other activities that put increased focus on products at point of purchase.
5. Drive the internet and web-based communications and activity strategy for the key brands. Ensure that this is totally integrated linking company sites, Social Media, Search engines, retailers’ own websites etc
6. Lead or contribute to efforts to drive penetration in new channels of distribution as appropriate (eg Foodservice, BTB, BTC, Premiums & Incentives etc).
7. Be responsible for the development of the company presence at the annual global Ambiente trade show, as well as local trade shows in the UK market.
8. In conjunction with the relevant product manager(s) develop compelling launch materials, video content and sell-in packs for new products launched in either the H1 or H2 launch periods.
9. Oversee the production of effective sales training programmes and materials, as well as product demonstration tools where relevant.
10. Control marketing expenditure budget and ensure that these are maintained within budgeted levels.
11. Manage, mentor and develop the two additional team members who report to the jobholder.
BACKGROUND, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. High level of strategic marketing competence gained in consumer goods business(es); either FMCG or consumer durables businesses selling into a broad channel and retail mix.
2. Significant experience of web based marketing and integrated brand programmes.
3. Highly creative – the ability to develop sales angles and sales stories and then build on their effective execution.
4. Knowledge of modern retail distribution, both store based and web based, and the tools that can be developed to maximise brand impact at point of sale.
5. Awareness of the complete NPD process and end to end product life cycle.
6. Exposure to marketing within the international marketplace is essential.
7. Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial business, to be totally “hands-on” with an ability to focus and make decisions.
8. Must be highly numerate and have excellent written English language skills.
9. Must have strong negotiating, presentation & interpersonal skills. Ideally should have had experience in sales as well as marketing disciplines.
10. Highly developed IT skills in Powerpoint etc.
11. Man management experience; graduate level education.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to email@example.com together with your salary requirements, notice period and reasons for leaving past and present employment.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion"